Scaretaker Update 10-30-2009

Well, I’ve been working hard on all of my props and I’m afraid I will not be able to finish all of them for this year. Here is an update on the “Scaretaker” prop.

After completing the papier mache I filled the head with expanding foam.
After completing the papier mache I filled the head with expanding foam.
I used a "T" joint and short PVC pipe inside the foam to use for securing the head to the body.
I used a "T" joint and short PVC pipe inside the foam to use for securing the head to the body.
I built the body out of PVC pipe. I used 1" screws to secure them all together.
I built the body out of PVC pipe. I used 1" screws to secure them all together.
I carved the foam on the hands then applied several layers of papier mache. Again I used PVC pipe so I can secure them to the body I made.
I carved the foam on the hands then applied several layers of papier mache. Again I used PVC pipe so I can secure them to the body I made.
I then used chicken wire to bulk up the body. It is secured to the PVC with hot glue where it touches the pipe.
I then used chicken wire to bulk up the body. It is secured to the PVC with hot glue where it touches the pipe.
I used some old Church clothes to dress him up. My wife unstitched them and sewed Velcro into them so I could get them on.
I used some old Church clothes to dress him up. My wife unstitched them and sewed Velcro into them so I could get them on.
This is what it looked like all put together except for the head. I still need to sculpt a face and eyes. I decided that if I don't finish the head tomorrow he can be a headless Scaretaker.
This is what it looked like all put together except for the head. I still need to sculpt a face and eyes. I decided that if I don't finish the head tomorrow he can be a headless Scaretaker.
It looks pretty awesome with the blacklights. I'll pick up some old shoes from DI tomorrow for him.
It looks pretty awesome with the blacklights. I'll pick up some old shoes from DI tomorrow for him.

I’m very happy with how the body turned out. I made him so he separates at the waist, so he will be a little easier to store. If I can’t finish the head by tomorrow night I don’t think it’s that big of a deal. He looks cool headless.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *