“Scaretaker” Hands

I’ve been meaning to put a post or two on the progress of my “Scaretaker” of my graveyard. If I can find the pictures on my wife’s computer, I’ll post them. Last night I worked on the hands. They needed to be strong, so they will hold the weight of the lantern I got for it and maybe a shovel or other prop.

I used the wires from an old wire pantry shelf we took out a few years ago.
I used the wires from an old wire pantry shelf we took out a few years ago.
I made the palm out of cardboard and cut  the fingers individually. I slid the wire down inside the cardboard and used hot glue to hold it in place.
I made the palm out of cardboard and cut the fingers individually. I slid the wire down inside the cardboard and used hot glue to hold it in place.
I shaped the cardboard a little and used hot glue to hold it in place.
I shaped the cardboard a little and used hot glue to hold it in place.
I used expanding foam to bulk up the fingers and hands.
I used expanding foam to bulk up the fingers and hands.

When they’re completely dry I will carve and sand the hands to shape them, then I will apply a few layers of papier mache to make them hard.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *